Miramichi Places of Worship & Religious Sites
The Basilica of Saint Michael the Archangel, or Saint Michael’s Basilica as it is commonly known, is the largest church east of Quebec in Canada. It seats 1200 people and has an adjacent Bishop’s Palace. It served as the focal point of the Miramichi’s large Catholic population.
St. James & St. John United Church
Built in 1829, this church was ministered by Lord Beaverbrook’s father for 23 years. Lord Beaverbrook himself grew up on the church grounds. The current Greek Revival design replaced a former church, partially destroyed by the Great Miramichi Fire of 1825.
St. Andrew's Anglican Church
This Gothic Revival Church was built in 1850. Its design was inspired by that of Aghavallen Church in County Kerry, Ireland. Tours are available from 2pm to 6pm daily.